To make this sherbet-y card, I first created the watercolour background on a piece of watercolour cardstock, which I taped down to a clipboard to prevent warping (I can't say this did the job very well). I smooshed several Distress Ink pads on a slick surface, picked up the pigment with a wet paintbrush and painted the background in alternating and somewhat blended strokes. As it dried, I set to work on my critters, which I stamped out from several Lawn Fawn sets, including Gleeful Gardens (the snails), Year Four (the hippo and little birdie), and Love You Tons (the pink elephant). I watercoloured them using couple of watercolour mediums listed below.
Once the watercolour panel was dry, I white heat embossed a sentiment from Avery Elle's Cake & Candles stamp set, which is full of fun and classic birthday sentiments. It didn't stand out to my liking, so I went over the area with another layer of Distress Ink to darken the background. Next, I die cut some balloons from card stock in complimentary colours, and used a mini ink blending tool to rub some Distress Ink along the edges to give the balloons dimension. Once everything was dry, I adhered the elements to the background using foam tape, and used a sparkly gel pen to draw in the balloon strings. A little Wink of Stella on the balloons finished this card off!
I have entered this card in the Lawnscaping Challenge #124 Celebration!
- Distress Inks: Spun Sugar, Squeezed Lemonade, Cracked Pistachio, Broken China, Tumbled Glass
- Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangles dies
- Lawn Fawn stamp sets: Gleeful Gardens, Year Four, Love You Tons
- Faber-Castell watercolour pencils
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolours
- Avery Elle Cake & Candles stamps
- Card Stock: Fabriano 90 lb watercolour, Recollections
- Paper Smooches Balloon dies
- Ranger Detail White Embossing Powder
- Inks: Versafine Black Onyx
- Zig Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Pen