Pages

Monday 4 January 2016

More Thanks - Engagement Edition Part 3

Needless to say, I made a ton of thank you cards for my engagement party back in October (see Part 1 and Part 2). You'll notice that since then, I've slightly improved my card photography style.

Thank You Card Series - Super Owl

For this card, I used the pine tree from Lawn Fawn's Critters in the Forest and the owl from Critters in Costume. I love that I can use this stamp set for non-Halloween cards. I coloured the images in with coloured pencils, and blended them with odourless mineral spirits. To add some interest to the sky, I used Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to watercolour in three layers, allowing each layer to dry before the next application. I finished the card off with some sparkling clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and added a dark green cardstock border to complement the trees.

Thank You Card Series - Super Owl Detail

Supplies

  • Lawn Fawn Stamps: Critters in the Forest and Critters in Costume
  • Tumbled Glass Distress Ink
  • Coloured pencils: A combination of Koh-i-noor, Faber-Castell, Derwent and Prismacolor 
  • DeSerres odourless mineral spirits
  • Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins
  • Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables

No comments:

Post a Comment