Pages

Saturday 2 January 2016

Thank You Card Series - Engagement Edition Part 1

Hi everyone! For my first post on My Crafty Afternoon, I’m sharing a thank you card series I did in October of last year. I gave these thank you cards, along with some cookies, to friends and family who attended an engagement party held for my fiancée and I. 

Thank You Card Series Moose

I chose to make individualized cards (rather than replicating a card design) but with a similar feel. 
 
For most of my backgrounds, I used a Distress Ink watercolour technique inspired by Nicole of Unify Handmade. I applied three layers of the same ink, waiting for each layer to dry before applying the next, which created a dimensional look. I coloured the Lawn Fawn critters with coloured pencils blended with mineral spirits. Finally, I finished the panel off with a scattering of sequins and pearls, inspired by Nichol.
Thank You Card Series Butterflies

In my next post, I'll share the rest of the thank you cards, a few "lessons learned."


Thank You Card Series Fox


Thank You Card Series Raccoon

 

Supplies

  • Lawn Fawn stamps: Critters in the Arctic, Flutter By, Joy to the Woods, Critters in the Forest and Violet's ABCs (for the Thanks sentiment)
  • Distress Inks: Dusty Concord, Worn Lipstick, Stormy Sky and Peacock Feathers
  • Coloured pencils: A combination of Koh-i-noor, Derwent, Faber-Castell and Prismacolor pencils
  • DeSerres odourless mineral spirits
  • Pretty Pink Posh sequins and Recollections pearls
  • Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables

No comments:

Post a Comment