I chose to make individualized cards (rather than replicating a card design) but with a similar feel.
For most of my backgrounds, I used a Distress Ink watercolour technique inspired by Nicole of Unify Handmade. I applied three layers of the same ink, waiting for each layer to dry before applying the next, which created a dimensional look. I coloured the Lawn Fawn critters with coloured pencils blended with mineral spirits. Finally, I finished the panel off with a scattering of sequins and pearls, inspired by Nichol.
In my next post, I'll share the rest of the thank you cards, a few "lessons learned."
- Lawn Fawn stamps: Critters in the Arctic, Flutter By, Joy to the Woods, Critters in the Forest and Violet's ABCs (for the Thanks sentiment)
- Distress Inks: Dusty Concord, Worn Lipstick, Stormy Sky and Peacock Feathers
- Coloured pencils: A combination of Koh-i-noor, Derwent, Faber-Castell and Prismacolor pencils
- DeSerres odourless mineral spirits
- Pretty Pink Posh sequins and Recollections pearls
- Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables