Pages

Sunday 3 January 2016

Thank You Card Series - Engagement Edition Part 2

Today, I'm sharing the rest of the thank you cards I made for guests of my engagement party (see Part 1 here). 

Thank You Card Series Hedgehog

As a novice card maker, here are a few things I learned in the process: 
  • Do use a similar style for all of your thank you cards (e.g. the same type of background, the same coloring medium, etc.). You don’t have to think as hard, especially when your crafty afternoon becomes your crafty midnight.
 
    Thank You Card Series Coffee

      • Don’t do watercolour backgrounds on non-watercolour paper. That one’s a little obvious. I used Strathmore Mixed Media paper for my Distress Ink watercolouring, and my backgrounds warped enough that I had to perform extensive card surgery. After adhering my backgrounds to the card bases with tape runner, I ended up gluing down the copious ripples with liquid glue. 

        Thank You Card Series Floral

        • If you have to glue down your non-watercolour paper that you made the mistake of watercolouring on, do use Ranger’s Multi-Medium Matte glue. That stuff was my saviour, for being both strong and matte.

        Thank You Card Series Bunny and Owl

        • Do have some backgrounds stashed away for emergency use. A couple of the backgrounds for the cards were from my stash, and I ended up using them when I had to trash some of my too-warped watercolour backgrounds.

        Thank You Card Series Narwhal


        Supplies

        • Lawn Fawn Stamps: Hedgehugs, Critters in the Forest, Love You a Latte, Flutter By, and Violet's ABCs (for the Thanks sentiment)
        • Distress Inks: Wild Honey, Chipped Sapphire, Antique Linen, Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feathers
        • Coloured pencils: A combination of Koh-i-noor, Faber-Castell, Derwent and Prismacolor 
        • DeSerres odourless mineral spirits
        • Pretty Pink Posh sequins and Recollections pearls
        • Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables
        • Colorbox gold embossing powder


        No comments:

        Post a Comment